In 2009, Nick Leopard set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. He was right. Nick founded Accordion, and in the years since, he has grown the company to serve more than 200+ private equity firms and their portfolio companies. On a mission to drive transformational change in the private equity industry, Nick launched Maestro, Accordion’s first software platform, in 2018.
Previously, Nick was part of the investment team of a $200 million mezzanine debt fund, BHC Interim Funding, L.P. Prior to BHC, he was a member of the FIG Investment Banking Department of Bear, Stearns & Co. LLC. Nick started his career at CapitalSource Finance (NYSE: CSE), where he built and maintained more than 300 relationships with private equity funds, senior lenders, and investment banks.
“Be like a duck – calm on the surface, but swim like hell underneath.”
Something you should know
- Captain of the Division I Lacrosse program at Saint Joseph’s University
- Averaged 60 Chicken McNuggets per week in high school (hasn’t eaten one since)
- Featured in numerous publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg, and Pitchbook
- The M&A Advisor’s “Top 40 Under 40”
- Finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award