Omar has spent his career helping individuals, teams, and organizations discover how to use new technologies to drive business performance.
He was at the forefront of the nascent Social Business/Enterprise 2.0 movement with Socialtext, helping companies to collaborate and communicate more effectively across organizational and business silos. With Badgeville, he helped to define an entirely new category: gamification – and in doing so, gave companies new ways to motivate both customer and employee behaviors using the right combination of technology and good design.
BetterWorks, where Omar served as head of the New York office, was built on the premise that alignment, transparency, and progress on goals would help companies, managers, and employees succeed at work. With Eigen Technologies, Omar helped some of the world’s largest and most respected Financial Services firms to leverage Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing technologies in developing Intelligent Automation as a strategic capability to drive their business.
Omar loves the challenge and thrill of growing new markets and of building new companies from the ground up. He is fueled by interactions and conversations that solve real problems and that, over time, transform a small group of talented individuals into large, thriving organizations.
Omar graduated from Yale University with a B.A. in Philosophy, and lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two daughters.
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Seneca
Something you should know
- Immigrated to the US from the Philippines as a baby and grew up in a small town in the San Joaquin Valley of California
- Was the first male co-founding member of Yale’s first and only hip-hop dance group
- Loves to run – is a two-time NYC Marathon Finisher, and has run 22 half marathons
- Helped multiple early-stage Enterprise technology companies scale from $0 to $20M+ in annual revenues in just a few years
- In less than two years at previous company: doubled Total Revenue, tripled TCV (Total Contract Value) bookings, and drove a 6x increase in ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue)